First of all- Thank you!!
Helping your peers is a wonderful thing to do. Not only are you helping your peers, but you are gaining a lot as well. Here are some of the benefits that come from volunteering through our program.
- Most importantly, you are helping a person that may be a classmate or otherwise not able to get help.
- Teaching a subject greatly improves your own knowledge of it: making you even more confident in the subject.
- You build communication skills.
- As you apply for colleges or jobs, you can show demonstrated communication skills and community service on your resume. You will be recognized for the hours that you work.
- You get a chance to make new friends and learn about collaboration tools.
- You build social relationships and technological skills.
Volunteering at P2PTutoring.org is a commitment. Volunteers are required to attend all tutoring sessions they schedule with their student. If you are unable to volunteer during that time, you must let everyone ( your student and us) know beforehand, so that the session can be rescheduled or a substitute can be found.
Here is the tutor application. You will receive an email from us within the next few days.